|Mini cakes waiting to be iced.|
Transcription by Joyce White
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Grease a tube or Bundt pan and set on a baking sheet.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and nutmeg.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and powdered sugar. Then, add the eggs, beating after each addition.
- Then, add the dry ingredients and the milk, alternately. If the batter is excessively dense, add a bit more milk.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake 45-60 minutes, or until cake is golden and springs back to the touch.
- Dust with powdered sugar or glaze with a royal icing of your choice. Also, you may top with fresh fruit, fruit sauce, and/or crystallized mint or flowers.
|The cake is on the right, iced with mint.|