|Burn Cake Two Ways: Dressed Up for Thanksgiving and Christmas|
1 ½ lb. flour, ½ lb. butter, a wine glass of yeast, wet it with milk, 4 eggs ½ a glass of wine, ½ glass Brandy, little cinnamon & nutmeg, a handful of currants stirred together. When risen, stir in ½ lb. of sugar let it stand an hour. bake it in tins one spoonful sufficient.
2. While the yeast is activating, mix together the flour, spices, and dried fruit.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the milk, eggs, wine, and brandy. Mix together until well-blended. Add the yeast and mix again.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet.
5. Place the bunn dough in a warm place and let sit for at least 1 hour. After one hour, add the sugar. Let the dough sit again for another 30 minutes.
6. While the dough is sitting, heat the oven to 375º. Grease mini-muffin pans by with butter or spray oil, or use muffin liners.
7. After the dough has rested for 30 minutes, spoon 1 ounce portions, 2 tablespoons, into the muffin pans.
8. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through and slightly golden in color.
9. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely if planning on icing them. These can be iced with simple royal icing, or you can use flavored icing such as lemon, orange or almond. Top with festive sugars/sprinkles for holiday service.