|Pork and Herb Sausages|
Notice How the Fat Nicely Marbles the Raw Meat in the Bottom Photo
To 25 lb. of meat put 15 lb. of Back of chine 13 tablespoonsful of Sage 11 of salt, 7 of pepper, 5 of Thyme & 9 of sweet marjoram—chop up the meat very fine and mix the herbs (after they are well pounded) well through it—put it in jars and keep the air from it—or cover the jars with Lard and it will keep some time. A very nice recipe.
Sausage Meat To 34 lb. of meat, add 17 lb. fat of chine – 18 table spoonsful of sage, 12 ditto of salt- 9 of pepper – 6 of Thyme –11 sweet marjoram.
- 3 Pounds Pork Shoulder, Including All of the Fat
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 3/4 Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Marjoram
- 2 1/4 Teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- Using an electric meat grinder, grind the meat with its fat.
- Add the herbs and spices.
- Measure the sausage into 2 ounce patties, about 2 tablespoons.
- Fry in a cast iron pan on medium heat, 5-7 minutes per side, or until the centers are no longer pink (about 150º F.)