|Source: Wikimedia Commons|
About This Recipe
- 6 Large Late-Season Peaches
- 3 Cups Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Whole Blade Mace
- 1/4 Teaspoon Powdered Horseradish
- 15 Whole Cloves
- Wash the whole peaches and set aside.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, mix together the vinegar water, and spices. Add the peaches and bring this mixture to a boil. Then, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes, until the peaches are soft but still hold together.
- Remove from the heat and transfer the peaches to a refrigerator-safe container (either a quart-size canning jar or plastic container with lid). Then, pour the hot pickling liquid over the peaches.
- Refrigerate the peaches. Or, you can make a larger quantity and use the hot water bath canning method to preserve them.