To 2 quarts of flour, put a pint of warm water, with a tablespoonful of lard, mixed in it, break 4 eggs in the flour & add a spoonful of yeast, mix all in a batter & when light, bake in small rolls.
|Source: The Servants' Guide and Family Manual, |
Printed for John Limbered, London, 1831
- 2 Cups Warm Water (about 105º F), Divided
- 1 Packet Active dry Yeast
- 24 Ounces (or scant 5 cups) All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- Half Tablespoon Fat (butter or lard)
- 2 Large Eggs
8. Spoon about a scant 1/4 cup measure of the dough into each muffin cup.